THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

THE WILLINGNESS TO CHANGE

When I was young and free, And my imagination has no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, So I shortened my sights somewhat And decided to change only my country but it too seemed immovable. As I grew into my twilight years, In one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, Those closest to me, but alas, They would have none of it. And now as I lay on my deathbed, I suddenly realize. If I had only changed myself first, Then by example I might have changed my family From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country, And who knows, I may have change the world. (An Anglian Bishop, 1100 AD, as written in the Crypts of Westminster Abbey)

0 cOmMenT:

Post a Comment